Saturday, July 19, 2014

The Shabby Tea Room #227

Hello! I'm posting a few cards today that I've worked on this week, starting with The Shabby Tea Room challenge #227 which is to create a card or project inspired by the photo with a summer theme, include at least three colors from the photo and one OR MORE of these items:  vellum/acetate, polka dots, ribbon!  Here's the fun, Summer photo:



Anyone else singing "yellow polka dot bikini?" This is a world away from the shabby I'm used to so I broke out my primary colors and my inner cuteness to create something just as fun! I started with Recollections red card base and used Die Cut With a View for the water and sand. I just cut the paper to size and then tore off strips. I used a Hero Arts stamp set with all the beachy images, stamped on Neenah White with Memento ink and colored with Copics. I fussy cut all of those and stuck them in between the layers. Can you see the little fish bubbles? I don't know what I'm going to do with this so I didn't add a sentiment. This may be a birthday card for later. I used vellum behind the tree palms and the ball for polka dots.


Enjoy your weekend and hope you all have some sun!

2 comments:

  1. Ohh my goodness, this is just too stinkin' cute! So glad you played with us at The Shabby Tea Room!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Char ... this card is just adorable! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room!! I just read your bio that you live in Hampton, VA -- I was there last October and will be there again this October for the SSAT show with my Paper Sweeties stamps -- I hope to meet you live at the show this fall :)

    ReplyDelete