Saturday, June 21, 2014

The Shabby Tea Room #223

Hello and Happy Summer! The first day of Summer dawned rainy and dreary here in Virginia. Thankfully it's looking beautiful this afternoon. I finally finished my project for The Shabby Tea Room just seconds ago. I had a couple of false starts this week, but am happy with the result. Here's the inspiration photo for this week  entitled "Pretty Gifts and Packaging" along with the challenge from Rebecca to create a gift or gift packaging inspired by the photo!  (bag, box, gift wrap, unique packaging, etc.) .



I actually started decorating a gift bag and realized that I submitted one not that long ago at The Shabby Tea Room. Then I remembered I had a box of jumbo bakery boxes in my cupboard that I used a few years ago to make baby gifts. I had a little shop on Etsy with baby clothes swirled to resemble cupcakes inside the decorated bakery boxes. I do still occasionally make them for friends 'cause I think they are so darn cute! Here are my project photos:




I used three patterned papers from DCWV Preppy Princess stack to cover the box then decorated with seam binding, pearls, lace and mulberry flowers. I used Spellbinders dies and gold hammered paper to make the "hardware" on the corners. The stamp is from Recollections "Baby Girl" stamped with Memento ink (the ribbon covered it up on the first photo, oops). I didn't need a baby gift just yet so instead of clothes I rolled some felt for the cupcakes and surrounded with tulle inside the box.

I had so much fun with this project! It's good to get away from making cards for a spell. Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment