Monday, June 9, 2014

The Shabby Tea Room #222

Hello crafty friends! I'm happy to be playing along at The Shabby Tea Room this week and also super excited to be this week's Guest Designer. Our challenge this week is Lavender & Lace’ – create a card/project inspired by the photo using lavender, cream/white, lace/doilie + distressing. Here's the lovely inspiration photo in all it's lavender goodness:


How scrumptious is that? This would make a beautiful guest bedroom, you think? So this week I went off the card path and altered a picture frame. It's not my first, but it's the first that I have shared on my blog. I started with a naked wood frame and painted first with gesso, then with gray acrylic and lastly with white acrylic. Then I scrounged around my husband's work shelves and found some sandpaper and began distressing. That was actually kind of fun! I found the "recipe" on how to distress wood on Wikipedia. I took a doily, some white ribbon and some glitter tulle and made the corner ornament with lots of mulberry roses from Wild Orchid Crafts and Prima. I used Spellbinders Labels 8 and 17 for the background of DCWV Violet Leaf papers along with DCWV Foil Stack. I used the same papers for the dress which I drew and cut by hand. I drew teardrops for the bottom of the dress from 3 different patterns and glued them together. I added some lace on the top and bottom with some pearls for good measure! The mirror is Spellbinders "Mirror Mirror" die which I absolutely love. I cut the mirror with paper from the two DCWV pads. Lastly, I added a few embellies on the corners. Here's the finished product:




                                       

Thanks for looking and go create a fabulous day!

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty Char....love the gorgeous altered frame!! Love having you as a GD this week where we can showcase your lovely work!!
    Diane TSTR DT

    ReplyDelete